A person who is employed by a hazardous materials employer and directly affects hazardous materials (hazmat) transportation safety.
an owner-operator of a motor vehicle which transports hazmat
a person (including a self-employed person) who:
- loads, unloads, or handles hazmat;
- tests, reconditions, repairs, modifies, marks, or otherwise represents packagings as qualified for use in the transportation of hazmat;
- prepares hazmat for transportation;
- is responsible for safety of transporting hazmat; or
- operates a vehicle used to transport hazmat.