Have a question about transporting hazardous materials? Need clarification on an entry in the Hazardous Materials Regulations? PHMSA's Hazmat Information Center provides live, one-on-one assistance Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call the Info Center:
- for help with use of the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR Parts 100-185);
- for information concerning hazardous materials transportation and rulemakings;
- to report violations of the HMR;
- to receive recent copies of Federal Register publications or DOT special permits;
- to request copies of training materials, such as Chart 14 or information packages;
- to request a formal letter of interpretation*
#HazmatQs on Twitter!
The Hazmat Info Center gets hundreds of calls every week. On Fridays we're Tweeting #HazmatQs - examples of frequently asked questions that provide a glimpse into how everyday citizens and companies safely transport hazmat. Follow @PHMSA_DOT on Twitter and check out #HazmatQs to learn more about common hazmat items you encounter every day!
*To request a formal letter of interpretation or to mail your question, write to:
Mr. Charles E. Betts
Director, Standards and Rulemaking Division
U.S. DOT/PHMSA (PHH-10)
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE East Building, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20590